– 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
– 2 tsp oil
– 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
– 2 ribs of celery, trimmed and finely sliced
– 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
– 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
– 450ml vegetable stock
– 1 tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 tin of lentils, drained and rinsed
– 2 peppers, deseeded and sliced
– 2 courgettes, trimmed and sliced
– 4 tomatoes, halved
– 1 tsp arrowroot powder
– 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Step 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/GM6
Step 2. Steam or boil sweet potatoes for 15 mins, until tender.
Step 3. Pop the oil, garlic, celery and onion into a saucepan along with 2 tbsp of water and cook for about 3 mins; add the butternut squash and cook for a further 2 mins, stirring regularly.
Step 4. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 mins.
Step 5. Add the beans, lentils, peppers, courgettes and tomatoes and simmer for another 5 mins.
Step 6. Mix the arrowroot with a splash of water and add to the pan with the parsley giving everything a good stir.
Step 7. Drain the sweet potatoes and mash roughly.
Step 8. Transfer the filling to a pie dish and cover with the sweet potato mash. Bake for 10-15 mins until the mash begins to brown.
Step 9. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know how your first week of Veganuary has been in the comments below x